What is kraft paper packaging?
Kraft paper packaging has been widely used in our lives. The advantages of kraft paper are easy to process, affordable, lightweight, and good printing effect. However, all things are two-sided, there are advantages and disadvantages, kraft paper is also the same. The disadvantage of kraft paper packaging is that it is easy to absorb water, compared to other papers, kraft paper is easier to absorb water, especially in humid environments, resulting in wrinkles.
Therefore, when using kraft paper packaging, it is necessary to promote the strengths and avoid the weaknesses, and amplify the advantages of kraft paper packaging.
- Kraft paper as commodity packaging is collectively referred to as packaging kraft paper. The characteristics of packaging kraft paper are: high strength, low cost, good air permeability and crack resistance.
- The surface of kraft paper with higher wood pulp content will be smoother, which is very suitable for making production clothing labels, file boxes, file bags, etc. And kraft paper made of natural wood does not contain fluorescent agents, can be used as food packaging, in line with food grade standards.
- Grammage above 150g, is called kraft cardboard, because its thickness is thicker, hardness and stiffness will be higher, mainly used to make cardboard cartons, can effectively protect the product.
Why can kraft paper be widely used and popularized? First of all, the influence of national policies, guided by the “plastic restriction order” in recent years, the production capacity of the paper industry is increasing, on the other hand, the change of consumption view, people pay more attention to the “green, environmental protection, low-carbon” lifestyle, so kraft paper packaging also has two advantages:
- Environmental protection can be recycled.
Kraft paper is made of wood pulp fiber, so kraft paper packaging can be recycled and reused, which can effectively reduce the consumption of forest resources. This is something that other packaging materials cannot do. Usually from the wide popularity of kraft paper packaging, it can be seen that kraft paper as a representative of environmentally friendly packaging is very recognized and valued by designers.
- Kraft color is natural, only need simple design can be very beautiful, kraft paper packaging in the production design like to use simple classical retro style, to meet the needs of different brands, no need for complex printing can have a good visual effect.